Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chris Evans covers the May issue of Details magazine


 by Dimitris Ioannou

“The Avengers” star Chris Evans covers the May issue of Details magazine, looking hotter than ever and proving that he is not the upright, spit-polished superhero that we see on screen. The 30-year-old actor talks to Adam Sachs about the movie, his relationship with his mother, Buddhism and a lot more.

Evans explained to the magazine his hesitation for playing a character like Captain America, not only because with blockbusters like that he losses even more of his remaining anonymity, but mostly because the bigger the movie is, the more nervous he gets. “I get very nervous, I shit the bed if I have to present something on stage or if I'm doing press. Because it's just you.Do you know how badly I audition? Fifty percent of the time I have to walk out of the room. I'm naturally very pale, so I turn red and sweat. And I have to literally walk out. Sometimes mid-audition. You start having these conversations in your brain. 'Chris, don't do this. Chris, take it easy. You're just sitting in a room with a person saying some words, this isn't life. And you're letting this affect you? Shame on you'”.

“I think my daytime person is different than my nighttime person," Evans says. "With my high-school buddies, we drink beer and talk sports and it's great. The kids in my Buddhism class in L.A., they're wildly intelligent, and I love being around them, but they're not talking about the Celtics. And that's part of me. It's a strange dichotomy. I don't mind being a certain way with some people and having this other piece of me that's just for me."

He is very close to his mother, so close that she is the first person to learn everything. Even when he had sex for the first time! “I raced home and was like, 'Mom, I just had sex! Where's the clit?'” he sais, although he admits he never got an answer. “Still don't know where it is, man, I just don't know. Make some movies, you don't have to know...”

The photos are by the photographer Norman Jean Roy. You can read the entire interview at Details.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...