Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gary Ross is officially out of “Hunger Games” sequel


by Dimitris Ioannou

We finally have an official answer. Gary Ross announced himself his unwillingness to direct the “Hunger Games” sequel, titled “Catching Fire” and expected to begin filming this autumn in order to come out on 22 November 2013. Although he did a great job for the first part of the hit blockbuster trilogy, he refused to continue working with Lionsgate, giving an end to the last days speculations.

"Despite recent speculation in the media, and after difficult but sincere consideration, I have decided not to direct Catching Fire," said Ross. "As a writer and a director, I simply don’t have the time I need to write and prep the movie I would have wanted to make because of the fixed and tight production schedule."

"Lionsgate was supportive of me in a manner that few directors ever experience in a franchise," he continued. "They empowered me to make the film I wanted to make and backed the movie in a way that requires no explanation beyond the remarkable results. And contrary to what has been reported, negotiations with Lionsgate have not been problematic. They have also been very understanding of me through this difficult decision." 

Now we only have to wait to see who will take his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...